Monday, March 5, 2012

Now this piece may be different to my previous works and disturbing but this past year and a half being vulnerable about myself and my work, is what the Lord has been teaching me what to do.  I drew this quick sketch in class because Tory and our professor reminded me of what art really is and that it describes a little bit of us. This drawing was abrupt on my part but it represents the emotions and struggles I have been going through lately: Not relaying on the Lord for my problems and resting on the cross rather I am taking my life into my own hands and suffering the consequences of my own sinful burdens. This drawing represents me giving up and surrendering everything to Christ. 

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting, I can see that you put a lot of yourself into this piece. The gesture throughout the drawing very eye catching, you do a good job expressing emotion through it. I like that it's simple, yet chaotic at the same time. Keep it up and stay this emotionally invested! Good job ^_^

    ReplyDelete