Monday, March 19, 2012

My good friend Katt was sweet enough to let me draw her over the spring brake, but of course she did not mind because she fell asleep.  This picture brings me such excitement because it was a semi success.  At first I really hated this drawing but it grew on me later.  Its an odd drawing because its bright where there should be shadows and the trees are meant to be dark and ominous because of the fear that they brought me.  Katt is brighter because she is my dear friend. 

6 comments:

  1. I personally like this drawing. I would not say it was a failure, because I instantly knew who it was :)) And i will still say that I am jealous of your skills :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I look at this drawing, I really get the sense that Katt is in a safe haven of sorts, while the trees and sky beyond look ominous and threatening, like there is a storm brewing. I am a big fan of contrast, and this certainly has a good mixture in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of our drawings. This one, though, really catches my attention. The figure is so intimately drawn. Katt is your friend, and you immediately recognize her in your drawing. When you mentioned that you were freaked out when you were drawing this, I thought of how the drawing looks dark and ominous in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this drawing! I like how all the pieces of dark next to light kind of make a rythm throughout the entire drawing, while the light/dark contrast on Katt's dress makes her stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This drawing has a nice arrangement of tone. The background to me is almost the most interesting part of the entire drawing(which is really cool^_^) The tree in the background almost look alive/moving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. For me, it is a sucessfully done work ~ u did good capture of her feature include value keys

    ReplyDelete