Saturday, November 3, 2012

Paintings done over the Summer

Elisabeth's Imagination 

Elizabeth, my youngest sister was turning 16 and I really wanted to do something special for her this year. So asking her what she wanted, she gave me the suggestion of painting something for her.  I asker her what she wanted and she wanted what you see now in the painting, however she asked for the sun to be shining through the rain. Elizabeth is a fine writer and poet, she constructed or will write a poem about this painting, I believe. 

My mother, one year, went to Switzerland for a women's get away and vacation. She had taken a beautiful picture of a garden and four front of a Salzburg house that I very much admired. Deciding to paint it, I wanted to surprise my mom with a late mother's day present and so I did (this only being the first half of it though)


This little painting is the second half of my mother's present for mother's day.  The subject matter of this painting is a window off the square of the Bled Castle in Bled, Slovenija. This little piece is not my best but putting it along side the Switzerland house piece, it is not too bad. 

Cramming Memories 
My beautiful sister, just younger then me, Lydia, was graduating from the best private, Christions boarding school in the world know as Black Forest Academy in Kandern, Germany, and I wanted to surprise her with a gift.  This gift is not only very sentimental to her but also to me. This is a painting of the view outside the window of the room that Lydia and I both shared, at different times, when we stayed in a dorm know as Storch. (stork, for you english speakers) Many tears and laughs and beautiful moments were shown through that window.

Holzen
Stacey Cook Babich, the recent dorm mother of the dorm Storch, and a close friend, asked me to paint something for the dorm over the summer.  Exited and honored, I painted one of the most beautiful views of the town Holzen that the dorm so happens to be in.  I loved painting this one! Oh, the memories!


Glavni Trg
This was the last but not least painting that I accomplished over the summer.  My mom had been bugging me for years for me to do a city scape of our home town Maribor in the beautiful country of Slovenija. I absolutely loved doing this painting, it was a lot of fun and now I can treasure a bit of home now that Im away. This was a present for both my Daddy and Mommy, I miss them so much! 



No comments:

Post a Comment